- 2018 September
- The IPDAS Steering Committee launched the next Update of evidence informing the IPDAS Criteria (update 2.0) and
opportunity to identify new topics.
For more details see the
Process for the IPDAS Update July 2018.
- 2018 July
- IPDAS members involved on the Steering Committee and working groups are now required to complete the
IPDAS Declaration of Interest Form.
- 2018 March – New reporting guidelines for patient decision aids!
- The SUNDAE Checklist (Standards for UNiversal reporting of patient Decision Aid Evaluation studies) has 26-items and
is intended for authors and researchers designing and reporting on studies evaluating patient decision aids.
These guidelines are available on the
EQUATOR reporting guidelines website
and in the
IPDAS resources webpage.
- 2017 October
- IPDAS Deliverables Impact & Next Steps presentation at SMDM open session.
- 2016 December
- National Quality Forum releases
Standards for the Certification of Patient Decision Aids
- 2016 December
- Norwegian Health Directorate
- 2016 Summer
- Washington State Health Care Authority
Certifices first patient decision aids
- 2013 November 29 – IPDAS Publication
- The International Patient Decision Aid Standards (IPDAS) Collaborationís Quality Dimensions:
Theoretical Rationales, Current Evidence, and Emerging Issues.
A supplement in BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making now available.
In 2003, the
International Patient Decision Aid Standards (IPDAS) Collaboration
was established to enhance the quality and effectiveness of patient decision aids by establishing an evidence-informed framework for improving their content, development, implementation, and evaluation.
This 2013 series begins with a paper describing a) the ten-year evolution of the IPDAS Collaboration itself and b) IPDAS's 12 core dimensions for assessing the quality of patient decision aids. Next, 12 papers present an updated theoretical rationale, the current empirical evidence, and the emerging issues underlying each of these core evaluative dimensions. Finally, the series closes with a systematic review of the implementation of patient decision support interventions into routine clinical practice. A total of 102 authors from 10 countries contributed to this supplement.
- 2013 Update of the IPDAS Story
- An overview of the activities of the International Patient Decision Aid Standards (IPDAS) Collaboration.
An update to the version originally presented at the 2011 International
Shared Decision Making Conference held in Maastricht, Netherlands.
- 2013 August
- Creation of the IPDAS email list, IPDAS@listserv.dartmouth.edu. It will be used:
To be added, ask a current member to introduce you by citing your interest and expertise relevant to IPDAS.
If you donít know a member, see the Whoís Involved? page.
- as a membership register,
- to communicate,
- to agree on a process to convene a Steering Group (vote for chair/members),
- for future research / development of the criteria.
- 2012 Update of the IPDAS Collaboration Background Document
Provide Suggestions for IPDAS Quality Dimensions